On Sunday, 8,418 patients were discharged from hospital in Cuba, 468 recovered more than the cases reported positive for the SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus, said Francisco Duran, national director of epidemiology of the ministry of public health ( MINSAP by its Spanish acronym).
Faced with the sustained increase of COVID-19 positive cases, the ‘Antonio Luaces Iraola’ General Teaching Hospital in this province is reorganizing its services to respond to current needs and maintain its usual emergency services.
Cuban deputy Prime Minister Ines Maria Chapman Waugh visited this weekend health care and service centers in the Cuban eastern city of Holguin, where she checked the situation presented by the territory in the fight against the pandemic.
The Provincial Communist Party leader in Havana Luis Antonio Torres said on Thursday that top Cuban government authorities are insisting in the need to guarantee the protection of health workers against COVID-19.
With the report today of 8,399 new positive cases of the SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus, which causes COVID-19, Cuba has accumulated 431,013 confirmed cases since March last year, 90.4 percent (%) of them recovered.
Cuba surpassed 10 million doses of anti-COVID-19 vaccines applied, but there is still a long way to go to win the battle, warned today on Twitter the President of the Republic, Miguel Díaz-Canel Bermúdez.
With the premise of using all possible spaces, the central Cuban province of Ciego de Avila is applying alternatives to increase admission capacities for patients positive for the SARS CoV-2 virus, which causes the COVID-19 disease, and to reduce the number of those who stay at home.