- Rain prevents third warm-up game for Cuban baseball team in Chinese Taipei
- Cuban and German Deputy foreign Ministers discuss bilateral bonds
- US Legislators Favor Advancement of Relations with Cuba
- Cuba Foreign Ministry on Most-recently Thwarted Anti-Cuba Provocation
- Scientific Forum on Products and Services starts in Cuban Province of Holguin
Evo Morales Says Fidel Castro is an Eternal Leader
HAVANA, Cuba, Aug 9 (acn) Bolivia’s Evo Morales described Fidel Castro an eternal and ever-present world leader and he stressed the support he received from the Cuban leader when he took power in 2006.
For me, our eternal leader is Fidel. Fidel is humanistic and supportive, while speaking with him will always entail a lesson to learn,” said Morales in La Paz.
The Bolivian head of state also stressed the assistance given by Cuban professionals to his nation in an effort to improve his people’s quality of life by eradicating illiteracy and expanding access to health care with initiatives such as the free-eye-surgery program known as Operation Miracle.
Morales also said that Fidel’s dream about the integration of the region in a single bloc of nations came true with the setting up of the Community of Latin American and Caribbean States (CELAC), and organization that does not include the United States and Canada.
Evo Morales gave his statements during the presentation of the book “The Eyes of the Puma” by Cuban writer Mercedes de Armas, which describes the significance of the process of change implemented in Bolivia by Evo Morales since 2006.