- Rain prevents third warm-up game for Cuban baseball team in Chinese Taipei
- Cuban and German Deputy foreign Ministers discuss bilateral bonds
- US Legislators Favor Advancement of Relations with Cuba
- Cuba Foreign Ministry on Most-recently Thwarted Anti-Cuba Provocation
- Scientific Forum on Products and Services starts in Cuban Province of Holguin
UK´s The Times gives four stars rate to Cuban dance company
HAVANA, Cuba, Feb 16 (ACN) A recent performance at the Nottingham Royal Concert Hall in Britain by the Cuban Danza Contemporanea Ensemble was described as a display of discipline, versatility and vivacious energy by journalist Donald Hutera of The Times newspaper, which granted four stars to the islanders´ performance.
The company gave its first presentation on February 14 and is now on a tour of 10 British cities up to March 18, performing three pieces every evening: Reversible, by Anabelle Lopez Ochoa; The Listening Room, by Theo Clinkard, and Matria Etnocentra, by George Cespedes.
"The triple bill has been well chosen as a display of the discipline, versatility and vivacious energy of two dozen dancers, the majority of whom are fresh from the company's own school" said the journalist and critic in his article entitled Dance: Danza Contemporanea de Cuba at the Royal Concert Hall, Nottingham, which opens by displaying the four stars on top of the article.
This is the third time that the Cuban company visits the Unitd Kingdom under the auspices of the Dance Consortium, a group of large-scale theatres interested in taking international dance to that country.
Original article by The Times http://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/times2/dance-danza-contemporanea-de-cuba-at-the-royal-concert-hall-nottingham-0zb29htfm