- Rain prevents third warm-up game for Cuban baseball team in Chinese Taipei
- Cuban and German Deputy foreign Ministers discuss bilateral bonds
- US Legislators Favor Advancement of Relations with Cuba
- Cuba Foreign Ministry on Most-recently Thwarted Anti-Cuba Provocation
- Scientific Forum on Products and Services starts in Cuban Province of Holguin
Cuban Artist Roberto Chile Opens Exhibition in New York
HAVANA, Cuba, June 10 (acn) Cuban artist Roberto Chile inaugurated his photographic exhibition on Thursday at the Cuban Art Space Gallery of the Center for Cuban Studies in New York.
The exhibition, entitled "Somos," will be opened until July 10, with images revealing small life stories of the inhabitants of Guanabacoa and other regions of the Caribbean island that used to be destinations for black slaves.
The exhibition consists of 40 color and black and white images, captured by the artist between 2010 and 2015 in different regions of the country.
Roberto Chile is a filmmaker and a curator. His work as documentary maker was closely linked to the work of the Cuban Revolution leader Fidel Castro.
A Communications Engineer, he also worked in television in 1977 as part of a video team he founded with other colleagues at the Cuban Fishing Fleet.