- Cuban parliament leader receives Uruguay's House of Representatives President
- Havana´s Med School to attend Health Technology meeting
- Cuban province works on better use of irrigation systems
- Santiago de Cuba will host meeting on cultural landscapes
- Construction materials company supports prioritized works in Ciego de Avila
Cuba and MLB discuss bilateral issues
HAVANA, Cuba, Feb 16 (ACN) The president of the Cuban Baseball Federation, Higinio Velez said Wednesday in Havana that Cuba and the Major League Baseball are negotiating different issues, but details will only be released once both sides reached accords and define policies to follow.
One of the issues on the table is the participation of Cuban baseball MLB players in the Cuban National team. But negotiations have been conducted in full silence so far, Pl news agency reported on Thursday.
Cuba is the only country in the world, whose baseball players cannot legally play with the US MLB as a consequence of the unilateral anti-Cuba US policy.
Cuba will take part at the 4th World Classic next March.
In late 2015, the island´s baseball federation announced its negotiations with the Major Leagues. A MLB delegation made up of directives and some Cuban players visited Havana and Matanzas cities in December 2015.
In March 2016, the Tampa Bay Rays played an exhibition game with the National Cuban team in the presence of presidents Raul Castro and Barack Obama.