- Rain prevents third warm-up game for Cuban baseball team in Chinese Taipei
- Cuban and German Deputy foreign Ministers discuss bilateral bonds
- US Legislators Favor Advancement of Relations with Cuba
- Cuba Foreign Ministry on Most-recently Thwarted Anti-Cuba Provocation
- Scientific Forum on Products and Services starts in Cuban Province of Holguin
Cuba Domadores to face Argentina Condors in World Series of Boxing
HAVANA, Feb 17 (acn) The Cuba Domadores, current monarchs, will face today the Argentina Condors, in the second week of the 7th World Series of Boxing (WSB), in Havana´s Sports City Coliseum.
This is a C-2 category match, which includes the divisions of 52, 60, 69, 81 and +91 kilograms, and without a doubt, the higher quality of the locals envisages a 5-0 sweep.
The young boxers of coach Fabian Escalona, who has been in charge of the Argentine squad for 14 years, are the current national champions of that country, but are aware that they have few options of achieving at least a win.
We renew the squad after each Olympic cycle. It is true that we do not have impressive curriculums like the boxers of a world power like Cuba, but our young team is qualified to face them, Escalona told ACN upon completion of the official weigh-in at Palco Hotel.
In their debut in this WSB, the Condors lost 1-4 to the Colombia Heroicos, whereas Cuba swept 5-0 the Venezuela Caciques, both in the C-1 category.
52 kg: Ramón Quiroga vs. Yosbany Veitía
60 kg: Joel Marcos Mafauad vs. Armando Martínez
69 kg: Federico Chinea vs. Roniel Iglesias
81 kg: Juan Gabriel Rizo vs. Julio César La Cruz
+91 kg: Kevin Espindola vs. José Ángel Larduet