- Rain prevents third warm-up game for Cuban baseball team in Chinese Taipei
- Cuban and German Deputy foreign Ministers discuss bilateral bonds
- US Legislators Favor Advancement of Relations with Cuba
- Cuba Foreign Ministry on Most-recently Thwarted Anti-Cuba Provocation
- Scientific Forum on Products and Services starts in Cuban Province of Holguin
Cuba Upgrades Solar Panel Plant on Chinese Technology
HAVANA, Cuba, Feb 9 (acn) The use of modern Chinese technology to upgrade a Cuban solar panel production plant will result in considerably production increase of that facility, thus helping the installation of high-quality solar panel systems.
The new production line is scheduled to start operating in the first quarter of the year at the Ernesto Che Guevara Electronic Components Plant, in western Pinar del Rio Province.
The technological upgrade will increase solar panel production in 2015, said senior specialist Jesus Hernandez as cited by Granma newspaper.
"This is a technological injection aimed at increasing production efficiency," said Hernandez who explained about the upcoming production of 60 000 solar panel modules with a joint 15-megawatt output.
The new investment will allow the plant to produce panels of different formats; that is, from 180 to 300 watts, though those of 250 watts will be a priority this year for the electric company, Hernandez said.