- Rain prevents third warm-up game for Cuban baseball team in Chinese Taipei
- Cuban and German Deputy foreign Ministers discuss bilateral bonds
- US Legislators Favor Advancement of Relations with Cuba
- Cuba Foreign Ministry on Most-recently Thwarted Anti-Cuba Provocation
- Scientific Forum on Products and Services starts in Cuban Province of Holguin
Australian activist receives Medal of Friendship in Cuba
HAVANA, Cuba, Feb 10 (ACN) The outstanding Australian intellectual Tim Anderson received on Thursday the medal of Friendship granted by the Cuban Council of State as an acknowledgement to his unconditional solidarity towards cuba and its revolution.
In a ceremony held at the Cuban Institute of Friendship with the Peoples (ICAP by its Spanish acronym) Anderson was granted the distinction as an expression of gratitude for his work on the promotion of campaigns against the over 50 yearlong US economic, financial and commercial blockade of Cuba.
ICAP Vice-President Alicia Corredera highlighted Anderson´s qualities and said the Australian has been a defender of the progressive causes, human rights and the right of self-determination of the Asian-Pacific and Latin American peoples.
She spoke of Anderson´s contribution to the works of Cuban collaborators in East Timor and several islands in the Pacific Ocean.
Upon receiving the distinction from ICAP President Kenia Serrano, Anderson thanked Cuba for the great honor and said he was proud of being Cuba´s friend.